Nau mai Haere mai, Welcome to Tauawhi
Ahakoa no hea koe ,Ahakoa ko wai koe, Ahakoa he aha te raru ...Ka kitea e koe he awhina i konei
No matter where you're from, No matter who you are, No matter what the problem is ..You'll find support here
The Tauawhi Men’s Centre opened on the 2nd of July 2010, to provide a “one stop shop” specifically for men, who are often reluctant to ask for help. The vision for the centre is to provide an obvious place for men to access the help and contribute to positive change for them and their whanau.
We have trained and experienced staff members who offer free and confidential services. We work to acknowledge and protect mana tangata. This means that we will respect rights of choice, self determination and tino rangatiratanga.
Our key services are Counselling and Social Work, and we run several non violence, parenting and youth programmes, but we also provide information and advice where required.
Our approach is informed by the following values:
- Truth/Whakapono - Telling it how it is and was – the way you want to tell it – and an ability for staff to appreciate client’s reality
- Mercy/Whakaaroha - A chance to change and an acknowledgment that this is a long term process
- Forgiveness/Murunga hara - We are non-judgemental and keep in mind that people are not their behaviour
- Justice/Tika - Accountability in behaviour change is fully evidenced, recognised and acknowledged by those who know – i.e whanau
- Peace/Rangimarie can be found when the other elements have been fully worked through.